A Little History:
The Sunnyslope Church began its life as the Sunnyslope Church of the Brethren when A. B. Peters, an elder in the Church of the Brethren, accepted an assignment from the Great Northern Railroad to promote settlement of the Wenatchee Valley in central Washington state. Several Brethren families, no doubt tired of those cold winters in North Dakota, followed his lead and moved to the Wenatchee Valley where the church was organized and an active Sunday school program was put into place in August of 1903. The Sunnyslope Church was the first Church of the Brethren in the Wenatchee Valley.
In the 1980’s it became clear that a significant number of participants in the Sunnyslope Church had ties with the United Church of Christ. Because there was no other UCC congregation in Wenatchee, the congregation decided to acknowledge and honor its members with UCC ties by officially affiliating with the United Church of Christ. That was accomplished by a vote of the congregation at a Church Council meeting.